Building a brand from the grass root level is a continuous process right from the inception of the business idea. Your brand is the amalgamation of everything – your business name, logo, voice, vision, your customer care and all other important aspects that distinguish you from the crowded market. All these aspects together make up the perception of your brand. Brand building is the most important aspect of growing your business and it helps you in terms of getting the recognition that you need for generating leads for your business and for developing strong bonds with your customers.
Building Your Brand From The Grass-Root Level
Here’s how you can work towards building your brand from the grass root level:
Identify The Purpose Behind Your Brand
Every successful brand has a clear purpose behind it. This purpose is what drives your brand success. You should ask yourself these questions for defining the purpose of your brand:
- Why does your business exist?
- What differentiates your company or business?
- Which problems do you solve?
- Why should people buy from you or take services from you?
These ideas will help you in conceptualizing the foundation of your brand and it will also help you in defining the taglines, slogans, vision statement and much more.
You need to invest time in thinking about all these questions as they will help in defining the unique selling points of your brand and thereby provide you a competitive edge. This is an important step to determine your brand’s focus and personality.
Get All The Ground Work Done
When you have a clear concept of your brand in mind, you need to start with the basics. You need to work on getting your brand logo done along with the taglines. You will get many tagline examples and references and tagline generators online but like mentioned in step 1, it is important for you to know the uniqueness of your brand and everything else will fall in place.
You must have a website in place for your brand. If you already have a website done, analyze it again to see if any improvisations can be made. Check if you need an e-Brochure done for marketing purposes and get it done as you will need it for brand promotions. Setup a blog for your business website, this is one of the most important steps, you can communicate a lot through a blog and put your ideas across. All these are important aspects of a perfect brand, you must make sure that all these things are in place and perfectly done before you start building your brand. You can also contact the best digital marketing company in India for creating the best SEO strategy for your business. It’s ok to invest time in making the perfect website and the perfect logo as they will constitute your brand identity online.
Figure Out Your Place In The Market
Before you start making any decisions for your brand, it is crucial to have the complete understanding of the current market.
You must have an insight about who your competitors are and who your potential customers can be.
Ways to do this include the following:
- Google your service category or product and find out the direct and indirect competitors displayed in the search results.
- If possible, try to communicate with people who are a part of the target market you are planning to deal in and ask them which brands they prefer buying from and why.
- Have a look at the social media accounts and pages related to your industry that are followed by your target audience and analyze them closely.
- If you are establishing an e-commerce brand, go shopping online or offline just to get a feel of how the prospective customers browse the products, how the offers are displayed, and how does the check out process work.
As you perform this research, make a note of the following things:
- Who is the best audience that you can sell to, the people who would be interested in your products or services right way.
- Who are your powerful competitors? These are the brands that are already established in the market.
- How your potential customers speak and discuss abut the similar products and services that you are selling. You can get information on this through customer forums and social media websites.
- Plan about how you can create your website and if you already have one, look for the missing aspects in it and improve them.
This research will provide you an insight on what your brand should focus on and how you should go about positioning your brand in the market. This will also provide you an insight on the approach you should adopt for online marketing and social media posting.
Make Sure Your Brand Logo Is Everywhere
This is a small step that goes a long way and makes a huge impact on establishing brand identity. Make sure that your brand logo is everywhere, just everywhere! It should be on:
- Your website
- Your blog
- Your social media accounts
- Your email signature
- Your business invoices and forms
- If you have accounts on business forums, set your brand image as your profile picture
- Your business cards
- On all the promotional merchandise
You can have the brand logo on the company apparel if any and on the company vehicles as well. Your logo should be a part of all your digital marketing strategies as well. This is the process where you repetitively show your brand image to people and people start relating with your brand image.
If people see it many times, they will remember the image and your brand as well.
Determine Your Target Audience
Determining your target audience is the most important factor as you will be concentrating all your brand marketing efforts on your target audience.
Here, it is very crucial to understand that your products or service has a particular audience; after all, you cannot be everything to everyone!
When you promote your brand, you must know which people exactly you are trying to reach! This will help you in conceptualizing the marketing and promotional strategies accordingly. In this way, it will be easier for you to customize your mission and your messages to meet the exact requirements of your target audience. The key is to be more specific. When you have the perfect niche that you want to target, reaching out becomes easy.
You will release the competitive advantage of your business in a better way when you narrow down on your target audience. As a result of this, your brand message will come across clearly and it will reach the most suitable recipients. You can discover the buyer persona by getting information on the demographics like age, gender, location, income, education level etc. You can contact the best market agency in India to assist you in reaching out to your target audience in the best possible way.
Identifying the perfect target audience for your products or services will positively impact all the areas of your brand building process. You will be able to get in touch with the right people who will love your products, services, who will like your content, who will follow you on social media, and who will subscribe for your email newsletters.
It is a fact that you cannot have complete control over how people perceive your brand but you must implement the aspects that you can control. When you work towards building your brand right from the beginning, you can influence the right audience, make a great first impression, and build a very powerful online reputation. Establishing a popular brand is a continuous process you’ll succeed at doing that if you put your best foot forward always.